[Somean] Ground rules reflection

Campbell-Kibler, Kathryn campbell-kibler.1 at osu.edu
Mon Apr 19 15:12:45 EDT 2021

Hi all,

If we have time on Friday, I’d also like to take a few minutes at the end to reflect on our ground rules that we set at the beginning of the semester. They’re listed here: https://www.ling.ohio-state.edu/research/groups/somean/groundrules.html

If you get the chance, I’d appreciate it if you could look over the rules again and, in email or on Friday, let me know how you think the experiment with the rules went. Some more specific points to consider:

  *   Were these rules abided by or enforced this semester?
  *   Did having them in place improve our experience of the group?
  *   Was the process of proposing and refining them useful?
  *   Should we keep them in place? If so, are any chances needed?
  *   Would you like it if these or similar rules were adopted in the other discussion groups you attend?
  *   Would you recommend other discussion groups either adopt these particular rules or undergo a similar discussion process to craft their own ground rules?
  *   Would you like to see these or similar rules put in place for the department colloqs?

We’ll discuss these on Friday if we time after Eve’s discussion or you can email me with your thoughts.

-K

Kathryn Campbell-Kibler
Associate Professor
Department of Linguistics