[Somean] Fwd: CFP - Writing for scholarly publication: A gender perspective

Campbell-Kibler, Kathryn campbell-kibler.1 at osu.edu
Mon Jun 29 14:40:28 EDT 2020

Begin forwarded message:

From: Robert Lawson <robert.lawson at BCU.AC.UK<mailto:robert.lawson at BCU.AC.UK>>
Subject: CFP - Writing for scholarly publication: A gender perspective
Date: June 29, 2020 at 6:07:33 AM EDT
To: LANG-GENDER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK<mailto:LANG-GENDER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK>

Writing for scholarly publication: A gender
Editors: Pejman Habibie, Anna Kristina Hultgren, Goli Rezai-Rashti

By bringing together experts in a variety of disciplines, we intend to address the significant topic of gender in writing for scholarly publication. Drawing on different research methodologies and gender theories, we will bring to the fore the under-represented and under-researched issue of gender in the scholarly publication. In other words, this volume will critically (re)examine current understandings of gender and shed light on how gender permeates culture, structures and institutions and how it is practiced, performed, and (re)enacted in writing for scholarly publication. The topic is particularly salient in this time of COVID 19 with its demonstrated differential impact on gender. The volume will explore the ways in which the production, evaluation, and communication of scholarship as well as the pedagogy of writing for scholarly publication are mediated by gender. We are interested in both theoretical, conceptual and empirical contributions that critically examine gender, sexism, gender biases, and gender inequality within both textual and broader socio-economic, socio-cultural, and socio-political contexts in which writing for scholarly publication practices are situated and performed.

By the same token, contributors will be encouraged to draw on a range of research methodologies and relevant gender-related/gender-informed theoretical frameworks, concepts and notions to frame their chapters. By bringing a range of perspectives from academic writers and researchers, the volume aims to address recent calls for investigating the role of gender in knowledge construction, adjudication, and dissemination. This volume will offer new and useful insights for scholars and stake-holders and enrich the field’s understanding of the issues regarding gender in scholarly publication.

We are keen to include as many aspects of the topic as possible and therefore need to restrict each chapter to about 6000 words, inclusive of references, tables, figures, and any data extracts. The deadlines are these: In the first instance, we would want an abstract of around 150–200 words along with authors’ affiliation and a 50-word bio by the end of July, 2020. Based on review of the abstracts, authors will be invited to submit fairly polished full-length chapters for inclusion by the end of October, 2021.

Pease send your abstracts and bios to:
phabibie at uwo.ca<mailto:phabibie at uwo.ca>
kristina.hultgren at open.ac.uk

This message was issued to members of https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/LANG-GENDER__;!!KGKeukY!lr8XSs5PGzQZaiLSiZ_eiQ_2dYUzWJO1TPPDvw0gpn-qVzxDoRzZ7XaNsCpIjuB9$ , a mailing list hosted by https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk__;!!KGKeukY!lr8XSs5PGzQZaiLSiZ_eiQ_2dYUzWJO1TPPDvw0gpn-qVzxDoRzZ7XaNsPcc9bG0$ , terms & conditions are available at https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/__;!!KGKeukY!lr8XSs5PGzQZaiLSiZ_eiQ_2dYUzWJO1TPPDvw0gpn-qVzxDoRzZ7XaNsGzL0V09$