[Somean] Next week: Babel chapters

Babel, Anna M. babel.6 at osu.edu
Fri Feb 9 12:11:37 EST 2018

Hi all,

Next week was TBA on the schedule, so the SoMean participants kindly agreed read a chapter from my new book.  The chapter we’re planning to talk about is Chapter 2 (attached).  I’m also attaching the Introduction (for those who were interested in a broader view of social meaning) and Chapter 7 (for those interested in styles of dress).

The book is only just going into press, so please don’t distribute the materials beyond this group.

Hope this is OK, Kathryn – let us know if you had other plans.

Anna