[Somean] Friday: Silverstein on place

Katie Carmichael jemappellek80 at gmail.com
Wed May 9 23:36:46 EDT 2012

I'd like to skype in, if someone's willing to donate their laptop screen to
the cause!

Also, I'm going to need to hear reports about this
donuts-and-not-linguistics So Mean last week. I considered skyping in for
that one too ;)

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 11:21 AM, Kathryn Campbell-Kibler <
kbck at ling.ohio-state.edu> wrote:

> This Friday in So Mean (10:30-11:30, Campbell 209), we'll be discussing a
> recent talk by Michael Silverstein on "the race from place", i.e. how
> dialects work with conceptualizations of place and identity.  The paper and
> some supporting examples are attached.
>
> -K

Katie Carmichael
The Ohio State University