[Somean] Friday: Topic?

Michael Furman mikedfurman at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 10:20:49 EST 2012

Hey SoMeaners,
  I'm hoping to have more of a presence this quarter and I do have a
project idea that is in need of brainstorming, but I'll be intermittently
not be able to come since our Faculty Meetings overlap with SoMean and
tomorrow is one of those days. Maybe by the next time we meet I'll have a
better idea of where to take and and could use some of your input (provided
that ya'll don't already have something else planned too!).

Hope ya'll have a good discussion tomorrow and I'm sorry to miss it!!!
  - Mike

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 10:12 AM, Kodi Weatherholtz <kweatherholtz at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Where is So Mean meeting this quarter?
>
> Also, have we declared a topic for tomorrow? If not, I'd like to use some
> of the time to brainstorm a new project (a potential collaboration with
> some folks at the Laboratoire Parole et Langage in Aix). In essence, I'd
> like to pitch an idea in its infancy, situate it among some of the relevant
> literature, and then hear your thoughts on the project. I'm attaching one
> relevant article -- not that I expect everyone to read it on short notice,
> but by sending it out, I will feel pressure to read it closely by tomorrow.
>
> If you look at the paper, note that the sections are wrongly ordered (for
> unknown reasons) as Introduction, Results, Discussion, Method.
>
> All the best!
> Kodi
>

> On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 4:08 PM, Kathryn Campbell-Kibler <
> kbck at ling.ohio-state.edu> wrote:
>

>> I just declared Changelings an LSA recap.  What do y'all want to do this
>> Friday for So Mean?  We could also recap LSA, but that might be a lot of
>> recapping.  Anyone have something they'd like to present or workshop?
>>
>> -K

> --
> Kodi Weatherholtz
> Ph.D. Student