[Somean] Friday: NWAV report

Katie Carmichael KatCarm at ling.osu.edu
Fri Nov 4 16:58:14 EDT 2011

Hi all,

At the end of today's So Mean, some of us were talking about continuing
NWAV discussions next week and maybe in particular looking at Scott
Kiesling's paper on stance. I know Brice was in this session with me, and
we both really liked how Scott's paper defined various uses of this word
and explained the ways such a concept can be helpful for researchers
looking at sociolinguistic meaning.

Here's a link to Scott's prezi:
http://prezi.com/b6re8fuhvejz/surfing-the-stylistic-waves-can-interactional-stance-be-used-in-variation-analysis/

(warning to those prone to motion sickness who haven't seen a prezi
before...it's a little intense)

Katie

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 9:16 AM, Kathryn Campbell-Kibler <
kbck at ling.ohio-state.edu> wrote:

> Join us for So mean this Friday (10:30-11:30, Jennings 136) to discuss
> last week's NWAV.  If you went, bring your meeting programs and any
> handouts you collected.  If you didn't, bring yourselves and questions, if
> you have them.  Info on the conference is up at
> http://nwav40.georgetown.edu/
>
> -K

Katie Carmichael
The Ohio State University