[Somean] Tomorrow

Kodi Weatherholtz kweatherholtz at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 15:16:19 EDT 2011

That sounds like a great plan. I'm (kinda) starting an ERP project that
looks at accent processing and what cognitively/neurally underlies this
finding in Kathryn's work that Clevelanders perceive themselves and
Columbusites(?) as both unaccented, despite obvious speech differences.
Could enregisterment have cognitive consequences for phonemotopic space???
So yay for talking about Ohio accents!

Kodi

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 3:03 PM, Kathryn Campbell-Kibler <
kbck at ling.ohio-state.edu> wrote:

> Y'all, we have no plan for tomorrow!  I've gotten re-interested in
> enregisterment lately, as you all know.  I propose we play YouTube videos of
> people talking about accents in Ohio and talk about them, since I'm planning
> to include these in a project and plus it sounds like fun.  What do you all
> think?
>
> -K

Kodi Weatherholtz
The Ohio State University