[Somean] Friday and a potential video

Kathryn Campbell-Kibler kbck at ling.ohio-state.edu
Wed Oct 28 15:15:54 EDT 2009

So Richard Ogden presented at the sociophonetics workshop at NWAV last
week, and he may be someone we want at the workshop.  He's trying to
combine acoustic phonetics techniques with conversation analysis.  I've
attached a recent paper, which I think might be worth reading.  If y'all
decided ona topic at last week's meeting, let me know, otherwise how about
discussing Ogden on Friday?

Also, I have a potential video to use as example interaction for the
workshop theme.  It's quite long (7 minutes) but pretty consistent, so
watching parts of it gives you a pretty good idea in general:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fog74qHDn5c

See you all Friday (10:30-11:30ish, Oxley 201A).

Kathryn