[Somean] So Mean Friday-- Silverstein 2003

Kathryn Campbell-Kibler kbck at ling.ohio-state.edu
Wed Jan 21 13:30:19 EST 2009

So Mean will meet this Friday (12:30-2, Oxley 201A) to discuss

Indexical order and the dialectics of sociolinguistic life
Michael Silverstein
Language & Communication 23 (2003) 193–229

Available through http://dx.doi.org/ (Paste in the
doi:10.1016/S0271-5309(03)00013-2  into the box).

This message is going out to Changelings as well, as the Silverstein
forms a basis for the Johnstone paper we will discuss in Changelings.
It's a paper that's being appealed to quite a bit in sociolingistics.
If you're not usually at So Mean but will be attending this week,
please let me know so I know whether we will need a different room.

Cheers,

Kathryn

Kathryn Campbell-Kibler
Assistant Professor