[Somean] Friday-- McConnell-Ginet 2001 (room change)

Kathryn Campbell-Kibler kbck at ling.ohio-state.edu
Tue Feb 24 09:16:47 EST 2009

We had a grand time discussing McConnell-Ginet (2008) last week, and
had enough both positive and negative things to say about it that we
decided to read her earlier paper, titled "Queering Semantics", in
"Language and Sexuality: Contesting Meaning in Theory and Practice"
(Campbell-Kibler, Podesva, Roberts & Wong eds).  Paper attached.

Our room was stolen out from under our noses this week, so we'll meet
in my office unless we overflow it.  If you don't usually make it but
will this week, let me know so I can get a different room if needed.

Kathryn

Kathryn Campbell-Kibler
Assistant Professor
Department of Linguistics