[KineJapan] Kawase and Hamaguchi at MOMA

Japanese Cinema Discussion Forum kinejapan at lists.osu.edu
Thu Jun 9 23:48:59 EDT 2016

Hamaguchi Ryusuke will be showing Happy Hour at MOMA from the 24th to the
30th.

There will also be a full retrospective of Kawase's work at MOMA.
Announcement follows...

Markus

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Greetings form Naomi Kawase.

The season has come for rice-planting.
Traditionally, we will plant by hand while praying for the good harvest.

On very next week, after the rice-planting, I will fly to NY for
retrospective at MoMA. It will be showing my entire work, and biggest scale
as retrospective.

MoMA Naomi Kawase〈6/25-7/14〉
http://www.moma.org/calendar/film/1645?locale=en

* Documentary Films     25
* Feature Fiction Films  8
* Latest Short Films     3
* Produce Films          2

All 38 films will be screening for two times each, and continue for 20 days.

Naomi will be joining for the opening, and Master class.

* June 25th 19:30- SUZAKU
* June 26th 14:30- Naomi Kawase Master Class 120min

It is the first time in North America for this scale.
I will be grateful if you could kindly inform people live around.
Looking forward for the new encounters in NY…

Naomi Kawase

--
*Markus Nornes*
Professor of Asian Cinema, Department of Screen Arts and Cultures

*Department of Screen Arts and Cultures*
*6348 North Quad*
*105 S. State Street*
*Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1285*