[KineJapan] House in Yokohama

Japanese Cinema Discussion Forum kinejapan at lists.osu.edu
Tue Jun 7 14:58:28 EDT 2016

I am reposting this in case anyone missed it:

I am posting this just in case there might be list members interested in renting our house in Yokohama, which will be available from approximately August 20, 2016, to the end of May or beginning of June 2017. We were hoping some student or scholar coming to Japan for an academic year might be interested. We are willing to negotiate the term of the lease (for instance, January to May), but we will prioritize those willing to rent it the longest.

It is a two-story, three bedroom (3 LDK) individual house (ikkenya) located in Aoba-ku in Yokohama, near Aobadai Station on the Den'entoshi Line. It is a very quiet neighborhood, with farm fields nearby, but it also has lots of shopping venues and is convenient to both Tokyo and Yokohama (Aobadai is 25 minutes by train from Shibuya). The house is fully furnished, with some added attractions like satellite TV and internet. The rent is ¥110,000 a month.

We have listed the house on Sabbatical Homes, with some photos:

http://www.sabbaticalhomes.com/OfferedDetails.aspx?id=52673

Those who are interested, or who want to learn more details, should mail me at aaron.gerow at yale.edu. I should also note that since we go back and forth from Japan a lot, we have rented out the house many times before (to scholars, dissertation researchers, IUC students) and will probably do so at other times in the future.

Aaron Gerow
Professor
Film and Media Studies Program/East Asian Languages and Literatures
Director of Graduate Studies, EALL
Yale University
320 York Street, Room 311
PO Box 208324