[Intl_DxMedPhys] RE_Siemens c.cam – Jaszczak Phantom Positioning
Nicole Ranger
NicoleTRanger at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 17 11:56:36 EDT 2026
Imendra,
No significant phantom tilt is required except to ensure the phantom is level, and there an adhoc shim using a folded paper towel would do the trick. I typically place the phantom on a Chuck with the absorbent side up as a precaution and if you roll the edges up to the phantom tightly that should be adequate to ensure no movement but you could always add tape being sure that it does not interfere with movement of the table axially, in/out. I believe that the ACR now permits you to use auto-contouring so the collimator position is optimized at each angle. (If you use a circular orbit you have to center the phantom carefully to minimize collimator distance.) whichever option you use, you should ensure that the phantom is centered in the FOV. I like to position the phantom so that the largest spheres are at the bottom but others may have a different positioning preference.
Nicole R.
Sent from my iPhone
> On Sep 17, 2026, at 12:09 PM, Imendra Ranatunge via Intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list <intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list at lists.osu.edu> wrote:
>
>
> Hi All,
>
> I have a question regarding performing a Jaszczak phantom test on a Siemens c.cam system.
>
> Are there any special instructions or recommendations for positioning the Jaszczak phantom on the c.cam? My understanding is that the phantom may need to be tilted due to the geometry of the system.
>
> Is there a recommended setup or an easy, practical way to position and secure the phantom for the acquisition? I appreciate any guidance or experience you can share.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Imendra
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.osu.edu/pipermail/intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list/attachments/20260917/a15ee22c/attachment.html>
More information about the Intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list
mailing list