[Heb-NACO] Name of divinity

Shinohara, Jasmin jshino at upenn.edu
Thu Mar 7 17:55:24 EST 2024

Great question! Given the principle of representation, I’d suggest Y.Y. (i.e., represents each of the yods). Here are a couple examples in LC’s catalog that show this in practice: lccn 2020480882 and lccn 2020480838.

Kol tuv, Jasmin

All, The third word of a title I have is a divine name (double yod): אלה מועדי. . . . How would I transcribe this? HCM only includes instructions for the Tetragrammaton and some one letter abbreviations on p. 30. Thanks. Caroline Caroline R.
All,

The third word of a title I have is a divine name (double yod):  אלה מועדי... .

How would I transcribe this?  HCM only includes instructions for the Tetragrammaton and some one letter abbreviations on p. 30.

Thanks.

Caroline

Caroline R. Miller
Team Leader, Discovery Team
Hebraica/Judaica Metadata Librarian
UCLA Library Resource Acquisitions and Metadata Services
2400 Life Sciences Building
621 Charles E Young Drive South
Box 957230
Los Angeles, CA  90095-7230