[Heb-NACO] RAS Cataloging Forums - new time!!

Gottschalk, Haim hgot at loc.gov
Tue Feb 27 12:57:05 EST 2024

Hi Friends,

Just to let you know the new time of the two up-coming RAS Cataloging Forums. Registration is being set-up and will be forthcoming.

Looking forward to seeing you all.

Save the date - two RAS Cataloging Forums scheduled:

  1.  Best Practices for Proposing a Subject Heading (Thursday, March 21 at 2:30pm EDT)

This cataloging forum will guide you through the proposal process at the Library of Congress. We will cover how to create a proposal, including using the proposal form, the Subject Heading Manual, and doing additional research to support your proposal. You will learn about the life-cycle of a proposal from submission to final approval.  Attendees are encouraged to bring headings they'd like to propose so that all can benefit from discussion, questions, and insight gained from concrete examples. The desired outcome is for the AJL cataloging community to enhance discoverability for Jewish libraries or Judaica collections by contributing to LCSH.

  1.  Let's Talk about Ethical Cataloging (Thursday, April 11, at 2:30pm EDT)
Conversations about ethical, radical, or (J)EDI cataloging have been circulating through our library community, especially the cataloging community, for the last several years, but what do those terms mean? What is the reparative cataloging work is being done? What can you do as an institution? Speaking in my personal capacity, I will discuss the reparative cataloging I did at my previous institution George Mason University, as well as some of the important work done by other institutions and groups.

All my best,
Haim

Haim A. Gottschalk
Hebraica and Judaica Librarian
Asian and Middle Eastern Division, Israel and Judaica Section
Onsite Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and alternate Fridays

The Library of Congress
101 Independence Ave, SE, LM-537
Washington, DC 20540-4222

Direct: 202-707-2498
hgot at loc.gov<mailto:hgot at loc.gov>

[cid:image001.jpg at 01DA697C.768B6900]

THIS EMAIL IS NOT CLASSIFIED
Expressing my views. Ideas & opinions in this email are not intended to represent those of the Library of Congress or its staff.