[Heb-NACO] Follow up: Jewish-Arab relations, the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, etc. in LCSH and LCC

Shinohara, Jasmin jshino at pobox.upenn.edu
Tue May 30 15:15:43 EDT 2023

Dear colleagues,

Thank you to those who were able to join us at our presentation and discussion on May 17. As promised, here are the relevant links:

Recording<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/youtu.be/W0vhq-1uoY0__;!!IBzWLUs!SLZcBd2x1Y7nFiKrdNcrX8-2UR3JZpOQZw_Dl7Wwrxuat5-b8V4iEmr9IyoWOvb25qYs_uWP-9Se9COb1M9SIJJYjg$>

Slides<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/drive.google.com/file/d/1zDnsDPGHkYOba0iSnNO7nkatU2gShPW5/view?usp=sharing__;!!IBzWLUs!VJKf0BLr-aLzkgWv-8ftXip5_o1H7EySCNnCfFF0svDoGNEKAJ2lXbxsSmP97pyF6W6nB0zeeNeSlWErVw$>

Draft proposals<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/drive.google.com/file/d/1PwBiSMLBNswLZwrTk4DCIwvlIbOVd4KT/view?usp=sharing__;!!IBzWLUs!VJKf0BLr-aLzkgWv-8ftXip5_o1H7EySCNnCfFF0svDoGNEKAJ2lXbxsSmP97pyF6W6nB0zeeNeJ-OW2wg$>

Feedback form<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/forms.gle/Hm4bmtFQPWLbtjhG9__;!!IBzWLUs!VJKf0BLr-aLzkgWv-8ftXip5_o1H7EySCNnCfFF0svDoGNEKAJ2lXbxsSmP97pyF6W6nB0zeeNdzMDsLIQ$>

Next steps:

  *   Please share your comments and thoughts via the above form by June 30.
  *   In early July, the working group will reconvene to incorporate any changes.
  *   The formal proposals will be submitted to LC by July 21 to be included in the August tentative list.
  *   Comments and suggestions for terms on the tentative list should be sent to listcomments at loc.gov<mailto:listcomments at loc.gov> between July 24-Aug. 18.
  *   The LC editorial meeting will be held on Aug 18th. If you will wish to attend the open, virtual editorial meeting, please email policy at loc.gov<mailto:policy at loc.gov> with subject line "Editorial meeting access for 2308" by Aug. 14.

Questions about the process can be sent to me (jshino at upenn.edu<mailto:jshino at upenn.edu>). Questions about the proposals or about related terms not included in the proposals can be sent via the feedback form.

Thank you for your participation in this process - we value your input! With best wishes,

Jasmin

---
J a s m i n  S h i n o h a r a
Hebraica Cataloging Librarian