[Heb-NACO] Jewish Christians of sorts

Frau-Cortes, Neil NFRAUCORTES at broward.org
Tue Jul 18 11:09:41 EDT 2023

I totally agree.

We already have Christian converts from Judaism. Of course this would only apply to Jews who convert to Christianity, either to a messianic denomination or to a regular one. This does not cover what I think is the majority of Messianics: folks who were born Christian and now practice a syncretic Jewish-Christian religion. At least all messianics I ever met where in fact evangelical non-Jews, or people that claimed to have a Jewish grandparent, for instance.

We could use Protestant churches—with some subdivision Jewish-inspired  or along those terms.

This is not an easy solution. Perhaps Messianic churches would indicate that they are a church based in their understanding of Judaism and its messianic thought.

Kol tuv,

Neil M. Frau-Cortes
PhD, MLIS
(pronouns<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.glsen.org/activity/pronouns-guide-glsen__;!!KGKeukY!2N0eTLsbtV_nLrQ8g5oLHu3XA-aeE9nhC5-r8CCaMPArGvnelQiM2quI7-wx2DnwJniODPSe0qFqE2Vq1mWJO2tAKHk$ >: he/him/his)

Cataloger - Libraries Division – Collection Management
100 S. Andrews Avenue, MN7
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
954-357-5593
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.broward.org/library__;!!KGKeukY!2N0eTLsbtV_nLrQ8g5oLHu3XA-aeE9nhC5-r8CCaMPArGvnelQiM2quI7-wx2DnwJniODPSe0qFqE2Vq1mWJaKfajik$ <https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.broward.org/library__;!!KGKeukY!2N0eTLsbtV_nLrQ8g5oLHu3XA-aeE9nhC5-r8CCaMPArGvnelQiM2quI7-wx2DnwJniODPSe0qFqE2Vq1mWJaKfajik$ >

[Broward County Library Logo for Email Signature]

A Jewish Christian is Jewish but believes Jesus is the messiah. Sent from my T-Mobile 5G Device Get Outlook for Android From: Heb-naco <heb-naco-bounces@  lists.  osu.  edu> on behalf of Miller, Caroline via Heb-naco <heb-naco@  lists.  osu.  edu>

A Jewish Christian is Jewish but believes Jesus is the messiah. Sent from my T-Mobile 5G Device Get Outlook for Android From: Heb-naco <heb-naco-bounces@ lists. osu. edu> on behalf of Miller, Caroline via Heb-naco <heb-naco@ lists. osu. edu>
A Jewish Christian is Jewish but believes Jesus is the messiah.

Sent from my T-Mobile 5G Device
Get Outlook for Android<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/aka.ms/AAb9ysg__;!!KGKeukY!35_ZlX_zX7H5S3R1g9g_jyZo8IjPW5Ewp_pU4_dNIS7oQbACXq8nqbUyZOdz9OOFpm0uvYWjs7hcfvW34tO3fw$>
________________________________
Hi Haim, I think the heading itself is problematic too. It's misleading. What is a Jewish Christian? You are either one or the other. Caroline Caroline R. Miller Team Leader, Discovery Team UCLA Library Resource Acquisitions and Metadata Services
Hi Haim,

I think the heading itself is problematic too.  It's misleading.  What is a Jewish Christian?  You are either one or the other.

Caroline

Caroline R. Miller

Team Leader, Discovery Team

UCLA Library Resource Acquisitions and Metadata Services

2400 Life Sciences Building

621 Charles E Young Drive South

Box 957230

Los Angeles, CA  90095-7230