[Heb-NACO] Romanization question

Galron, Joseph galron.1 at osu.edu
Wed Apr 26 20:14:02 EDT 2023

I think it should be Hayetah

Yossi

From: Heb-naco On Behalf Of Miller, Caroline via Heb-naco
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2023 5:30 PM
To: HEB-NACO List Posting (heb-naco at lists.acs.ohio-state.edu) <heb-naco at lists.acs.ohio-state.edu>
Subject: [Heb-NACO] Romanization question

All, How would you romanize היתה? I’m seeing it both as “haytah” and “haitah” in LC’s catalog. I checked the AJL romanization wiki and it wasn’t listed. Thanks. Caroline Caroline R. Miller Team Leader, Discovery Team UCLA Library Resource Acquisitions
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
This Message Is From an External Sender
    Report Suspicious  <https://us-phishalarm-ewt.proofpoint.com/EWT/v1/KGKeukY!vwQd8KhtD6YA5Rdxfo-EdxN6xKHjG-CvBGJsme-ZbNuS3KaVLyZ1OmN0UNOAwm1X-gLjTYpsLHfchGcNbo7_WN3PYH3mod2wJ6b1F_ai_4Y7EanJwwmU7u8XdSzwUMM4e3PXml0P2OkZembDkmtJV0CucA$>   ‌
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd
All,

How would you romanize היתה?  I’m seeing it both as “haytah” and “haitah” in LC’s catalog.  I checked the AJL romanization wiki and it wasn’t listed.

Thanks.

Caroline

Caroline R. Miller
Team Leader, Discovery Team
UCLA Library Resource Acquisitions and Metadata Services
2400 Life Sciences Building
621 Charles E Young Drive South
Box 957230
Los Angeles, CA  90095-7230