[Heb-NACO] FW: AJS 2023

Frau-Cortes, Neil NFRAUCORTES at broward.org
Mon Apr 17 11:31:18 EDT 2023

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Rachel Greenblatt <rgreenblatt at brandeis.edu<mailto:rgreenblatt at brandeis.edu>>
Date: Fri, Apr 14, 2023 at 2:01 PM
Subject: AJS 2023
To: Academic Judaica Libraries <carljs at lists.osu.edu<mailto:carljs at lists.osu.edu>>

Greetings!

It's that time again; The AJS annual conference will take place on December 17-19, 2023 in San Francisco<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/associationforjewishstudies.org/2023conference__;!!DU4c0PqsyQ!y2z5x1cPWDZgjewTIx111-LcsGDh-sUP9yzRUHtW7O5D9Wk_PC701Rt_APjVF9yDOBwPlDFP-FEnsa1nipM$>.

In each of the past two years, AJL has sponsored a highly successful professional development panel at AJS on careers in Judaica Librarianship. We've included librarians in different roles, and archivists. I'd like to propose a similar panel for  AJS 2023. I've been in touch with a couple AJL members who have expressed interest in participating in the past, and there are a couple spots open. I'd like to include as broad a spectrum of related career paths as possible.  If you're interested, please let me know. The proposals are due May 4<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/associationforjewishstudies.org/2023-call-for-papers__;!!DU4c0PqsyQ!y2z5x1cPWDZgjewTIx111-LcsGDh-sUP9yzRUHtW7O5D9Wk_PC701Rt_APjVF9yDOBwPlDFP-FEnr3WSYDU$>.

Last year, AJL also sponsored a content-focused panel, on Judaica bibliographers and book lists, which included both librarians and historians. If you have an idea for a different, content-driven panel that would include both librarians and scholars in other professions, tracks, stages of career, such as faculty, post-docs, etc, please let me know.

Plesae note I am not on the catalogers' email list, and reply directly by email to: rgreenblatt at brandeis.edu<mailto:rgreenblatt at brandeis.edu>

With thanks & best wishes,
Rachel

Rachel L. Greenblatt, Ph.D.
Judaica Librarian
Brandeis University
Voice mail: (781) 736-4688
Pronouns: she/her/hers
Schedule an appointment<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/calendar.library.brandeis.edu/appointment/68055/__;!!DU4c0PqsyQ!y2z5x1cPWDZgjewTIx111-LcsGDh-sUP9yzRUHtW7O5D9Wk_PC701Rt_APjVF9yDOBwPlDFP-FEnZUx0Ejs$>

Under Florida law, most e-mail messages to or from Broward County employees or officials are public records, available to any person upon request, absent an exemption. Therefore, any e-mail message to or from the County, inclusive of e-mail addresses contained therein, may be subject to public disclosure.