[Heb-NACO] ALA/LC romanization(?) for Aramic as used in Babylonian Talmud, Talmud Yerushalmi, midrashitc texts

Shinohara, Jasmin jshino at pobox.upenn.edu
Mon Nov 14 12:24:58 EST 2022

Excellent question, Heidi! I know of no codified Aramaic romanization table. I, too, have applied the Hebrew standards for Aramaic terms as needed. The question is whether or not there is sufficient justification to consider Aramaic its own discrete language requiring its own standard. I'm not sure there is, but perhaps others think otherwise?

As to the list of resources you list below, I'd shy away from Sefaria as a romanization reference source simply because, as an open-source resource, I don't know how reliable/stable the vocalizations found there might be.

Thanks for bringing this up, Jasmin