[Heb-NACO] Standard citation forms of reference sources for rare Hebraica/Judaica materials

Miller, Caroline crmiller at library.ucla.edu
Wed Nov 9 12:58:22 EST 2022

All,

I’m looking for a list of standard citation forms for reference sources for rare Hebraica/Judaica materials that don’t already appear in the Rare Books and Manuscripts Section of the Association of College and Research Libraries’ database of Standard Citation Forms for Rare Materials Cataloging:  https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://rbms.info/scf/__;!!KGKeukY!1qpcpKA6YDfQUKvtQ-haCC6sm6Yh56a3YERhV_GnD6Lqpnqbo5RfM5gFoFCElUQm0_oh-ohsEJliD9y45Auv82_pLGwuWw$  .

I found a record for a Haggadah recently cataloged by LC (2020) that had two citations (in a 500 note, not a 510 note where I would expect) to resources that weren’t listed in the RBMS publication.  OCLC # 1248602184.  The two sources were:  Yaʻari 1249 AND Yudlov 1657 which, it turns out, were specifically devoted to Hagadot.  Abraham Ya’ari wrote several bibliographies but none of them were in the RBMS publication.

I also checked the AJL Cataloging wiki and couldn’t find what I needed.  I don’t know how many of you are doing rare book cataloging (Haim???).  It would be helpful to have such a list.

Thanks.

Caroline

Caroline R. Miller
Team Leader, Discovery Team
UCLA Library Resource Acquisitions and Metadata Services
2400 Life Sciences Building
621 Charles E Young Drive South
Box 957230
Los Angeles, CA  90095-7230