[Heb-NACO] ease of cataloging Hebrew records into ALEPH

Heidi G Lerner lerner at stanford.edu
Mon Oct 25 18:52:37 EDT 2021

Hi there,

The only systems that I have cataloged directly into are RLIN and OClC, then exporting records into our local system SIRSI. SIRSI was woefully inadequate for editing or cataloging Hebrew records directly into it.

For those of you who are currently using ALEPH as your local system, could you please let me know if you do the majority of our cataloging directly int ALEPH or into OCLC (and then export).

Thanks, Heidi

Heidi G. Lerner

Metadata Librarian for Hebraica and Judaica Emerita, Stanford University Libraries