[Heb-NACO] cataloging question - modern midrash

Stahl, Sheryl sstahl at huc.edu
Wed Jul 7 12:49:29 EDT 2021

Hi all,
I am confused about what to with books of modern midrash. I have a couple of books which contain retellings of Biblical stories or stories which "fill in the gaps" of the Biblical text. Browsing the catalog just brings up Bible -- [book/s] - Commentaries. But "commentaries" is not very satisfying to me; is doesn't bring up the "story" aspect. I know that the "midrash" just refers to the classic texts. Are there any other choices for contemporary works? And if not, would the AJL cat. Committee like to suggest. one?

Sheryl Stahl (she, her)
Library Director, Frances-Henry Library
Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion

3077 University Avenue
Los Angeles CA 90007
213-765-2127
sstahl at huc.edu<mailto:sstahl at huc.edu>