[Heb-NACO] Sacred work

Kuperman, Aaron akup at loc.gov
Tue Jan 26 10:01:45 EST 2021

Mysticism is a subject concept.  From a descriptive perspective, a work would be mystical only if it was flickering in and out of existence, e.g. was on a server in a parallel universe that occasionally was visible in our universe. Whether the multiverse is a halachic concept is not for us to worry about.

The Zohar is either a compilation with an unknown compiler (entry under title), or the work of a single creator (entry under Shimon bar Yochai).  Whether it is true or false, valid or invalid, is not for descriptive catalogers to worry about (beyond our grade level??).

Aaron Kuperman, LC Law Cataloging Section.
This is not an official communication from my employer