[Heb-NACO] Hebraica Merging Group

Neil Manel Frau-Cortes nfrau at umd.edu
Thu Jun 27 08:42:00 EDT 2019

Dear all,

It was very nice to see a number of you at the LA conference. As we were
talking, OCLC wants to broaden its bibliographic merging service. We
convened with Nathan Putnam that a Hebraica Merging Group will be created.
Whoever wants to participate in it will learn by using OCLC’s self-paced
online materials, after which I will review some of your records. This is
not a very long process, once you understand the basics.

Merging bibs is a great contribution to the database (and to everybody’s
sanity!), but it is also very rewarding, as it results in clearer searches
and richer records.

For now, if you are interested or have any questions, please do not
hesitate to contact me at nfrau at umd.edu

Kol tuv,

Neil

--

*Neil M. Frau-Cortes, Ph.D. *(he, him, his)

Judaica, Hebraica and Metadata Cataloger

University of Maryland

4109 McKeldin Library

College Park, MD 20742

Phone (301) 405-9337