[Heb-NACO] Answers to some questions from OCLC Update meeting

Dickel, Geraldine geraldine.dickel at yale.edu
Thu Jun 21 16:20:11 EDT 2018

Dear colleagues,

Nathan has sent some answers to some of the questions raised at the OCLC Update meeting.  See below.

Best,
Jerry Anne

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Putnam,Nathan" <putnamn at oclc.org<mailto:putnamn at oclc.org>>
Date: June 20, 2018 at 9:43:07 AM EDT
To: "Dickel, Geraldine" <geraldine.dickel at yale.edu<mailto:geraldine.dickel at yale.edu>>
Subject: RE: OCLC slides for AJL 2018

Glad to hear that it was well received. The questions were great! Here are the answers I've received to the questions I brought back:

Do you get a URI in a 100/240 combo?  A: if the 100 field is controlled, you will get a $0 URI for just the 100 field, to just the name record and not to the name/title record.

Does the RM template for creating new records use a 264 field? Record manager gives you the option/reminder by filling in the template with 26|.

As for deleting authority records before they go out into distribution, that won't be current functionality, but has been requested as an enhancement.

Nathan