[Heb-NACO] Erroneous date of publication

Robert M. TALBOTT rtalbott at library.berkeley.edu
Fri Aug 31 10:45:18 EDT 2018

Hi Rachel:

If it's a publication date, I would put the actual year of publication in
brackets in the 264 and then explain the situation in a note, e.g.

264_1 ... $c [2018]
500  Year of publication erroneously given as 2019.

My two cents.

On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 6:06 AM, Rachel Simon <rsimon at princeton.edu> wrote:

> How should we deal with items with wrong date of publication?
>

> We received a book (NOT in Hebrew) with a 2019  publication date; some
> libraries got it even earlier in 2018. Should we just transcribe the
> information the way it is and add a note? Add the correct date in square
> brackets?
>

> Thanks,
>

> Rachel

Bob Talbott

Principal cataloger/Hebraica cataloger

UC Berkeley

250 Moffitt

Berkeley, CA 94720

If they're too small for court, they're probably shorts.
If they're long and advanced, you're looking at pants