[Heb-NACO] Putative title on t.p. verso

Kuperman, Aaron akup at loc.gov
Thu Oct 19 09:03:10 EDT 2017

Tentative 245 field for the book is: ‏תם ולא נשלם :‏ ‡b ‏פרקי חיים = An autobiography
ISBN: 9789655641530

The Hebrew title information is from the title page.
On the t.p. verso, the Hebrew title information is again given as well as “An autobiography”

As the English “An autobiography” is not a translation of either $a or $b of the 245 field, I question whether it should be regarded as a parallel title.  While it would be recorded in a 246, perhaps as “$i Subtitle on title page verso: Autobiography” or in a note, it wouldn’t be in the 245 field preceded by an “=” sign.

Is there a reason to record this as a parallel title in the 245 field?

Aaron Kuperman, LC Law Cataloging Section.
This is not an official communication from my employer