[Heb-NACO] vocalizing a word question

Gottschalk, Haim hgot at loc.gov
Thu Jul 20 16:28:01 EDT 2017

Dear colleagues:

How would you vocalize דייט? I could not the word in the dictionaries, nor find it vocalized in worldcat, nor on the internet. The word is pronounced as “date” as going out on a date. I have Romanized it as “deyit”.

Thanks in advance.

Haim

Haim A Gottschalk (Librarian)
Library of Congress, Israel and Judaica Section
101 Independence Avenue, SE, LM-537 (4222)
Washington, D.C. 20540-4222 U.S.A.

Phone - +1 (202) 707-2498 * Fax - +1 (202) 707-4587 * hgot at loc.gov<mailto:hgot at loc.gov>

THIS EMAIL IS NOT CLASSIFIED.
Ideas & opinions in this email are not intended to represent those of the Library of Congress or its staff.

**Please remember the environment and only print this if necessary**

[cid:3406095300_24711525]