[Heb-NACO] Guide to Hebrew cataloguing for Historic Libraries Forum

Freedman, Vanessa v.freedman at ucl.ac.uk
Tue Mar 8 10:02:46 EST 2016

I was asked a while ago by the UK Historic Libraries Forum to write a guide to Hebrew cataloguing for those who don't know Hebrew, on the lines of their Latin one http://www.historiclibrariesforum.org.uk/hlf/Guides/GuideLatin.pdf This is obviously quite problematic for Hebrew because of the lack of vocalisation, but I have done my best to write something intelligible! As many of you are far more knowledgeable about Hebrew cataloguing than I am, I'd be very grateful if anyone has the time to look at the draft and let me have any comments or corrections. If so, please let me know off list and I'll send it to you.

Best wishes

Vanessa

Vanessa Freedman
Subject librarian: Hebrew & Jewish Studies and Information Studies
UCL Library Services
University College London
Gower Street
London WC1E 6BT

Tel (Mon, Thu, Fri): +44 (0)20 7679 2598 (Internal ext. 32598)
Tel (Tue, Wed): +44 (0)20 7679 3873 (Internal ext. 33873)
Fax: +44 (0) 20 7679 7373
E-mail: v.freedman at ucl.ac.uk<mailto:v.freedman at ucl.ac.uk>
Twitter: @UCLHJSLibrary @vrfreedman
Website: www.ucl.ac.uk/library<http://www.ucl.ac.uk/library>

**Please remember the environment and only print this if necessary**