[Heb-NACO] To Heidi L. re.: LC-PCC PS for 2.8.6.3 (was: 264 bracketed dates: = or that is?

Kohn, Roger rkoh at loc.gov
Thu Jul 21 08:29:16 EDT 2016

---

Heidi,

You wrote

LC-PCC PS 2.8.6.3 tells us to follow the optional addition:

If the date as it appears on the resource is represented in different calendars, record the dates in the order indicated by the sequence, layout, or typography of the dates on the source of information.

Please correct me, if your citation is indeed from LC-PCC PS 2.8.6.3.

According to what I see in the RDA Toolkit, this citation appears in plain RDA.

LC-PCC PS for 2.8.6.3 has the following:

LC-PCC PS for 2.8.6.3
OPTION
LC practice/PCC practice for Optional addition: Add the corresponding date or dates of the Gregorian or Julian calendar. If dates have been recorded using the Hebrew script, the Gregorian or Julian calendar date may be added in both the non-Latin and romanized field, or only the romanized field.

which has a specific reference to the Hebrew script and opens options "may be added ... or only"

All the best,

- r.
7-3997