[Heb-NACO] Names with "ha-Levi"

Rachel Simon rsimon at Princeton.EDU
Mon Jan 4 12:07:01 EST 2016

Since there is a “shelita” following the father’s name, it can’t be the same Hayim Shelomoh.

My question is mainly regarding the “ha-levi”: can we still put it in “$c”?

Rachel

From: Heb-naco [mailto:heb-naco-bounces+rsimon=princeton.edu at lists.osu.edu] On Behalf Of Heidi G Lerner
Sent: Monday, January 04, 2016 12:03 PM
To: Hebrew Name Authority Funnel
Subject: Re: [Heb-NACO] Names with "ha-Levi"

Is there any indication in the resource that he is the son of:

Horoṿits, Ḥayim Shelomoh, ǂd 1896-1968 (no2010171244)?

If he is then I would establish him as:

Horoṿits, Shraga Shemuʾel ben Ḥayim Shelomoh,|cha-Leṿi.

I did find  genealogical information for Chaim Solomon Horowitz at (http://horwitzfam.org/getperson.php?personID=I5522&tree=complete) and Shraga Shemuʾel is not listed as a son.

If you cannot find any romanized forms for the father or son, then choose the systematic romanization of הורוויץ that makes the most sense to you and make cross references from other possible systematic romanization.

Best, Heidi

Heidi G. Lerner

Metadata Librarian for Hebraica and Judaica

Metadata Dept.

Stanford University Libraries

Stanford, CA 94305-6004

ph: 650-725-9953