[Heb-NACO] update Hebraica Cataloging RDA

Heidi G Lerner lerner at stanford.edu
Fri Feb 5 15:58:25 EST 2016

Dear colleagues,

The April 2015 release of the RDA Toolkit contained a number of updates to RDA and accompanying its LC-PCC PSs. Some of these revisions impact rules and instructions that are used by Hebraica catalogers.

The current version of the Hebraica Cataloging RDA: a Guide to ALA-LC Romanization and Descriptive Cataloging<http://rascat.pbworks.com/w/file/fetch/92512215/HCM%20RDA%20guide.pdf?force_download=1> found at the AJL RAS Cataloging WIKI (http://rascat.pbworks.com/w/page/7836007/FrontPage) will need to be updated to reflect the changes.

I would like to form a small group that will work with me on reviewing the changes made to the Toolkit and then modify/add the relevant content to our manual.

If you are interested in helping out with this project please contact me privately off-list. I plan to keep it small so I may not be able to include everyone who volunteers.

Shabat shalom, Heidi Lerner (Chair, AJL RAS Cataloging Committee; co-author of Hebraica Cataloging RDA)

Heidi G. Lerner

Metadata Librarian for Hebraica and Judaica

Metadata Dept.

Stanford University Libraries

Stanford, CA 94305-6004

ph: 650-725-9953