[Heb-NACO] Identifying and Disambiguating Zalmy Raiskin

Heidi G Lerner lerner at stanford.edu
Wed Aug 17 11:33:57 EDT 2016

It looks like you have an author who uses different names for different types of books.

1) Shlomy Raiskin - adult books on Jewish legal themes, mishnah, etc. (OCLC # 61361718, 48613943)

2) Raiskin, Zalmy - children's books

These identities are linked by https://www.geni.com/people/Zalmy-Raiskin/6000000004965687980 (geni.com) and NAR n 2001052343

3) Shenhav, Zalmy - I am not sure what we should do with this identify. It also is affiliated with children's literature

Perhaps the easiet thing is to link the NARS for Shlomy Raiskin and Zalmy Raiskin as outlined in 9.2.2.8 and makd Shenhav, Zalmy a xref to Raiskin, Zalmy.

If at such time we get more information and we can always make changes.

I am certain that this is one of the sons of Barbara Elefant-Raiskin but I could not find anything on the web to prove it.

Just my thoughts.

Best, Heidi

Zalmy Raiskin - Genealogy<https://www.geni.com/people/Zalmy-Raiskin/6000000004965687980>
www.geni.com
View Zalmy Raiskin's genealogy family tree on Geni, with over 150 million profiles of ancestors and living relatives.

Heidi G. Lerner

Metadata Librarian for Hebraica and Judaica

Metadata Dept.

Stanford University Libraries

Stanford, CA 94305-6004

ph: 650-725-9953