[Heb-NACO] commentaries on parts of tractates

Elhanan Adler elhanana at savion.huji.ac.il
Thu Mar 26 03:09:02 EDT 2015

Shalom all

Continuing working on converting the NLI ms. Collection subjects to LCSH (or "LCSH-style"):

There are many ms. Which are (or the existing part is) commentary on part of a tractate (sometimes chapter, but more likely - daf/amud to daf/amud, as calculated by the cataloger)

I find in the LC catalog headings such as the screenshot below (hope this carries through to the list)

Roman numerals for chapters looks really odd here (as opposed to Bible where it is more common), and in most cases I have daf and not chapter

Particularly odd is:
Talmud. Bava meẓia IV, 50--Study and teaching.<http://catalog.loc.gov/vwebv/search?searchArg=Talmud.%20Bava%20mez%CC%A3ia%20IV,%2050--Study%20and%20teaching.&searchCode=SUBJ%2B&searchType=1&recCount=25>
For: Ḳuntres Mishbetsot ha-zahav : ṭavlaʼot la-Sugya de-Tagare Lod (Bava metsiʻa daf 50).

daf #50 is not a subdivision of chapter 4 as you would have with Biblical chapter/verse

Any good ideas?

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D067A4.85938740]

Elhanan

Elhanan Adler