[Heb-NACO] RLG Keyboard and Innopac?

Joseph Galron-Goldschlaeger galron.1 at osu.edu
Wed Jun 17 16:59:57 EDT 2015

Colleagues,

I wonder who is still using the RLG Keyboard to enter Hebrew script data
into OCLC Connexion.

The problem I noticed is with the input of the  Hebrew Makaf (Hyphen):

With the regular keyboard we are using the Minus or Hyphen sign that is on
the keyboard

With the RLG Keyboard using the same key, produces an elevated hyphen

The problem is with our local OPAC (Innovatives) - when using the regular
hyphen key  the display in our OPAC is Okay, but when the elevated-hyphen
is used we see Giberish:
*װץ05ֶֹײ*

*See, for example OCLC # **892820403 in the 245 $b field תרפ״ד־תשע״ד*

I don't know if it is an OCLC or an Innovatives problem, but it is surely
is our problem

Did someone else notice this problem (IXA? NYP?)

Yossi

[image: The Ohio State University]
Joseph (Yossi) Galron-Goldschlaeger
Head, Hebraica & Jewish Studies  Library
355A Thompson Memorial Library
The Ohio State University Libraries
1858 Neil Ave. Mall
Columbus, Ohio 43210 USA
Tel.: (614) 292-3362,  Fax: (614)292-1918
Mobile: (614) 285-4290
E-Mail: galron.1 at osu.edu  or jgalron at gmail.com