[Heb-NACO] relationship designator for posek?

Pelish, Ela epel at loc.gov
Wed Jul 1 10:45:17 EDT 2015

Hello All,

On numerous rabbinic books, it is stated explicity (and prominently) that the work is based on the pesak/writings (title often unspecified) of a particular posek.  But so far, there is no relationship designator available.  I found on Wikipedia two concise descriptions: "Jewish law arbiter" and "Jewish law adjudicator."

We've discussed this issue in the Israel and Judaica section here at LC.  The question is not only which term is better but also should we be giving access to the posek without the title of the specific work he authored.  Would having such a relationship designator be helpful?  Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Ela Pelish
Israel and Judaica section
Library of Congress