[Heb-NACO] ha-rofe? (Physician)? ha-Rofe? Something else?

Heidi G Lerner lerner at stanford.edu
Fri Sep 12 17:04:39 EDT 2014

the usage in ספר שמן טוב = is "בכר" according to OCLC. So actually the romanization would be b.k. in the statement of responsibility
The patronymic particle "b." is always given in full when used in a personal-name heading. Care must always be taken to distinguish the patronymic particle "b." from "B." as an abbreviation.
So the 4th cross reference should be:

Yaʻaḳov ben Yosef,|d -1851

and the 5th xref should be:
Harofe, Yaʻaḳov ben Yosef,|d -1851

ha-rofe should not be added to these xrefs

Thanks, Heidi