[Heb-NACO] Creating authorized access points for liturgical works with uncertain dates

Fryser, Benjamin bfry at loc.gov
Mon May 19 14:56:49 EDT 2014

The library of Congress adds  dates (in $f position) to 130 or 730 authorized bible headings only.  It  does not routinely add a dates to Jewish  liturgical works such as Haggadah, Siddur, etc. unless required  to break a conflict.  In case of the later, see RDA  6.30.1.7 and 6.27.1.9.  The date and any additional term you choose to differentiate the works are separated from each other by : and  all are enclosed in a single pair of parentheses.

This is not an official communication of the library of Congress.

Benjamin Fryser
ASME IJ Section
Library of Congress