[Heb-NACO] A question re. the draft of Hebraica Cataloging

Kuperman, Aaron akup at loc.gov
Tue Jun 24 08:12:38 EDT 2014

1. What does romanization have to do with anything in this case.  The rules for parallel title apply whether in the original script field (an 880 as we now do them) or the 245 field.

2. I’m not sure how correct the material in the manual is as of today both in terms of order (PSD seems to keep changing its mind) and what qualifies as a “parallel title”, as opposed to other title information found in the work.  For example, if the title in Roman script is not a translation of the Hebrew title, is it a “parallel title”?

Aaron Kuperman, LC Law Cataloging Section.
This is not an official communication from my employer