[Heb-NACO] RDA in Israel

Elhanan Adler elhanana at savion.huji.ac.il
Thu Feb 20 05:45:26 EST 2014

Shalom all

a few items which you may find of interest:

The Israeli academic libraries will begin full-RDA original cataloging soon and you should be seeing Israeli RDA records in Worldcat around May or June.

The Israeli inter-university cataloging committee has just opened a listserv on implementation of RDA in Israel. If anyone would like to join, sign up at:
http://listserv.tau.ac.il/cgi-bin/wa?A0=IL-LIBRARIES-RDA

Rochelle Kedar (Bar-Ilan U.) and I are writing a new book "Omanut ha-kitlug" (the art of cataloging) which is based on RDA and Israeli best-practices as decided by the universities cataloging committee. It is an open-access e-book. The book is a work in progress and not all chapters are complete but you are welcome to view it at:
http://web.nli.org.il/sites/NLI/Hebrew/infochannels/librarians/Cataloging_Art/Pages/default.aspx

The site of the Inter-University Cataloging Committee contains many materials relating to RDA in Israel:
http://web.nli.org.il/sites/NLI/Hebrew/infochannels/librarians/cataloging_committee/Pages/default.aspx

Riny Goldsmith and I plan to be at the AJL conference in June and will be glad to discuss RDA developments.

Best wishes

Elhanan

Elhanan Adler
Email: elhanana at savion.huji.ac.il