[Heb-NACO] help with subject heading proposal

Kuperman, Aaron akup at loc.gov
Mon Aug 11 08:05:03 EDT 2014

1.  Why not propose:  Jewish fraternal organizations--United States with a 4xx from Jewish American fraternal organizations. If PSD doesn’t like the proposal, then they can go with the 4xx.  Since we precoordinate for all other ethnic fraternal organizations, we wouldn’t postcoordinate only for Jews.

2. Do you have more than three of them discussed in the work since if not one would just list the 610s, rather than use a 650?

Aaron Kuperman, LC Law Cataloging Section.
This is not an official communication from my employer