[Heb-NACO] treatment of Baraitot

Heidi G Lerner lerner at stanford.edu
Thu Apr 3 18:08:34 EDT 2014

I am writing as a follow-up to Marlene's questions regarding Baraita Nidah. As she mentioned it is not established in the LCNAF in spite of there being a specific LC call number for it.

I am looking at the rules for establishing the preferred name for parts of the Talmud, parts of the Mishnah and Tosefta, and Midrashim and I do not find any specific instruction for Baraitot. Should they be treated the same way that an anonymous midrash would be treated, aka, use the form found in the EJ?

If that is the case then the preferred title would be

Baraita de-niddah

I would like to know how my colleagues would treat this work and what preferred title they would use and on what rule would they base their decision/

Thanks, Heidi

--
Heidi G. Lerner
Metadata Librarian for Hebraica and Judaica
e-mail: lerner at stanford.edu
ph: 650-725-9953
fax: 650-725-1120