[Heb-NACO] Fwd: [PCCLIST] RDA series training

Heidi G Lerner lerner at stanford.edu
Mon Jan 7 10:43:43 EST 2013

FYI -

----- Forwarded Message -----

From: "Paul Frank" <pfrank at LOC.GOV>
To: PCCLIST at LISTSERV.LOC.GOV
Sent: Monday, January 7, 2013 5:46:05 AM
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] RDA series training

Dear Celine and other PCC list readers,

Happy New Year! I hope my message makes the new year just a little bit happier.

The RDA series "bridge" training materials will be posted to the Cataloger's Learning Workshop this week, and I will send out an announcement when the materials are up and available.

The SCT RDA Series Training Task Group (Carl Horne, Indiana University, chair) has been working very hard to develop these materials for the PCC community-- it is an amazing accomplishment. The task group also is working on "complete" RDA series training (geared towards those with no series cataloging experience), and on identifying areas where PCC RDA series policies are necessary, and making recommendations for those areas.

And Chamya Kincy (SCT co-chair) and I cannot resist this opportunity to mention some other impressive accomplishments of three other SCT RDA task groups:

The SCT Task Group on RDA Training Materials (Larisa Walsh, University of Chicago, chair) identified a wealth of RDA training materials, and those materials have been posted to the Catalogers Learning Workshop page:

http://www.loc.gov/catworkshop/RDA%20training%20materials/SCT%20RDA%20Training%20Materials%20TG/

The SCT RDA Records Task Group (George Prager, New York University Law Library, chair) selected and annotated 138 RDA record examples (bibliographic and authority) for PCC training and educational purposes. The records are posted on the Catalogers Learning Workshop page:

http://www.loc.gov/catworkshop/RDA%20training%20materials/SCT%20RDA%20Records%20TG/index.html

The SCT RDA NACO Training Task Group (Lori Robare, University of Oregon, chair) is developing a complete RDA replacement for the traditional AACR2 NACO training workshop. The materials will be used for new PCC NACO members with no authority experience. There are many new PCC NACO members waiting for this training, which will be available early this year.

So 2013 should be a good year for RDA!

Paul

Paul Frank
Cooperative Programs Section
Cooperative and Instructional Programs Division
Library of Congress
101 Independence Ave., SE
Washington, DC 20540-4230
202-707-1570