[Heb-NACO] an authority question

Heidi G Lerner lerner at stanford.edu
Thu Feb 7 12:36:58 EST 2013

Hi Bob,
I believe that this question is yes and answered in RDA 6.27.4.4. We would create an authority for compilations of works of 1 person much as we would in AACR2.

6 .27.4.4

Variant Access Point Representing a Compilation of Works

If:

the authorized access point representing a compilation of works by one person, family, or corporate body has been constructed by using the authorized access point representing that person, family, or corporate body followed by a conventional collective title (see 6.2.2.10 )
and

the title proper (excluding any alternative title) of the resource being described or the title found in a reference source is not the same as, nor very similar to, the collective title

then:

construct a variant access point representing the compilation by combining (in this order):

a)

the authorized access point representing the person (see 9.19.1 ), family (see 10.10.1 ), or corporate body (see 11.13.1 )

b)

the title proper of the resource being described or the title found in a reference source.

EXAMPLE

Andersen, H. C. (Hans Christian), 1805–1875. Eventyr

Title proper of the resource being described. Authorized access point recorded as: Andersen, H. C. (Hans Christian), 1805–1875. Tales

Andersen, H. C. (Hans Christian), 1805–1875. Samlede eventyr og historier

Title proper of the resource being described. Authorized access point recorded as: Andersen, H. C. (Hans Christian), 1805–1875. Tales

Make additions to the variant access point, if considered important for identification. Apply the instructions at 6.27.1.9 , as applicable.

EXAMPLE

Dante Alighieri, 1265–1321. Tutte le opere di Dante (1966)

Title proper of the resource being described. Authorized access point recorded as: Dante Alighieri, 1265–1321. Works (1966)

Construct additional variant access points if considered important for access.