[Heb-NACO] Mikra'ot Gedolot apparent new edition?

soferim at netvision.net.il soferim at netvision.net.il
Wed Dec 18 04:11:42 EST 2013

Neil,

I picked up the phone and called Bar Ilan, the publishers of Mikra'ot
Gedolot ha-Keter. They consider the smaller books a different edition (on
their website -
http://www.biupress.co.il/website_en/index.asp?category=12&menuid=12 - they
call it their "small edition." The larger set does not have an edition
name. (Bar Ilan University library does not include an edition statement
for either the 1992 or the more recent, smaller volumes, but they do have a
5050 stating that from 1992-2007 there was an earlier edition, 32 cm. tall,
and that, accurate as of 2012, volumes which were issued in the first
edition will not be issued in the second, aside from Genesis II, Samuel
I-II and Psalms II.)

According to the publisher, at this point they are only releasing volumes
in the small edition, but plan, after the small edition is complete, to go
back and release regular edition versions of all the volumes.

If there's anything else you want me to ask the publisher, just let me know.

Ahava Cohen
Cataloging Department
Beit Berl Academic College
Kfar Sava, Israel