[Heb-NACO] 373 goofiness

Aaron Kuperman akup at loc.gov
Fri Sep 14 10:46:41 EDT 2012

Two things to remember:

1. The "resource" giving rise to the 3xx data in the authority record is
not just the "book" in hand, but includes any resources used in
authority work.

2. This is all news, and there is room for development. I believe the
authors of RDA expect us to be more creative and resourceful in
harnassing RDA to accomplish the goal of providing better access - they
don't want us to act like a bunch of paraprofessionals unthinkingly
apply rule. If a rule doesn't work, we should think how to make it work
and how to change it.

Aaron