[Heb-NACO] 373 goofiness

Robert Talbott rtalbott at library.berkeley.edu
Thu Sep 13 18:29:54 EDT 2012

Folks:

An open question to Joan and Heidi:

So, formulating the 373:

I ran across an instance where an author I'm establishing attended
Trinity College in Dublin.  Do we have a preferred way of citing these
sorts of things?

The confusion:  Per the example given in RDA 9.13.1.3, presumably the
form as cited on the piece is used (Trinity College in Dublin) BUT there
is no clear prohibition for using the NAF auth. access point (Trinity
College (Dublin, Ireland)).  Is either preferable over the other?  And:
If the latter is the better, how is it rendered?  I'm thinking
specifically about the way such things are rendered in the 370,e.g. "Tel
Aviv (Israel)" becomes "Tel Aviv, Israel."

Thanks in advance