[Heb-NACO] Fwd: [PCCLIST] NACO RDA handy documentation

Heidi G Lerner lerner at stanford.edu
Wed Nov 28 13:20:12 EST 2012

----- Forwarded Message -----

From: "Mark K. Ehlert" <ehler043 at UMN.EDU>
To: PCCLIST at LISTSERV.LOC.GOV
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 9:54:51 AM
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] NACO RDA handy documentation

Kevin M Randall < kmr at northwestern.edu > wrote:

Has the PCC given thought to creating and distributing some handy documentation for NACO RDA records?  What I have in mind is something akin to the CSR (CONSER Standard Record) and BSR (BIBCO Standard Record) metadata application profiles.  It would be quite wonderful to have a single handy chart arranged by MARC tags, listing what the elements are, the relevant RDA instruction numbers, and--especially--the current PCC policies.  It might be very helpful in training.  (What prompted me to ask for this is a local discussion we're having about source citations in authority records.)

If something like this already exists, please advertise the link to find it.  For me at least, the arrangement of links on the PCC web site is not at all easy to navigate.  I usually end up going in circles trying to find almost anything there.

The second link here:
< http://www.loc.gov/aba/pcc/rda/RDA%20Interim%20Policies%20and%20Best%20Practices.html >

It's not a complete run-down of MARC tags for RDA authority records, but it's a start.

--
Mark K. Ehlert                 Minitex
Coordinator                    University of Minnesota