[Heb-NACO] use of subdivision "history and criticism" after Responsa broken down by time period

Taub, Aaron atau at loc.gov
Tue May 31 15:18:15 EDT 2011

Dear Heidi and Group,

Nahid Gerstein of the Israel and Judaica Section and I agreed with the initial hunch that you expressed in your posting.  This was confirmed with Janis Young of the Policy and Standards Division.  Janis wrote, "Since --History and criticism doesn't free-float under legal genres and forms, each use of Responsa--[date]--History and criticism would have to be individually proposed and approved."

We therefore suggest that Responsa $x History and Criticism be doubled with Responsa $y date.

1. Responsa $x History and criticism.
2. Responsa $y date.

Best wishes,
Aaron